Soooo, now that I’m almost sorta caught up on all my old postings, and in honor of the official beginning of summer, I can tell you about my summer reading goals:
Catch up posts on my OWN damn Pride and Prejudice challenge. Catch up posts on all the books I’ve read lately (ten plus!)
- Catch up on my Goodreads challenge: now currently SIX books behind.
- Read some of the classics I have somehow neglected to read during my various pursuits as an English major, avid pleasure reader, and teacher, mostly so I can stop feeling guilty and uneducated. This list will include a number of never-reads, half-reads, and much-needed rereads. Up first, 1984 and Brave New World.
- Read some brainless, easy fiction to relax, likely YA.
- Enforce the minimum three hours per week family reading time so our brains don’t turn to mush (you know, with all the sleeping-in, sunburning, Doctor Who-watching, and video gaming we’re doing in our unstructured time).
- Make regular library outings so the kiddos can keep up on their summer reading logs and I can avoid spending $$$ on books!